Friday, December 28, 2007

Snow Days

It's that time of year. Snow is everywhere, temps have dropped, and Spring is just a faraway date on the calender. Last year, instead of hibernating, and getting seasonal depression like I usually do, I embraced the snow. Funny, I never thought I would like it as much as I did. Sure, I ski, but I am a fair weather skiier. It has to be sunny and near 30 for me to have a good time on the slopes. Last year, I embraced it all from below zero to sunny 30 degree days, and you know what? I loved it!

My plan is the same this year. To sled, snow shoe, ski, shovel the driveway, walk, and maybe even a winter hike. Last year, I tried my hand at snow shoeing and really enjoyed it. So far, I have gone sledding with the girls ( I actually get in the sled and slide), shoveled, and of course walked. The winter hike idea really appeals to me. I am and ADK girl. Love my Adirondacks. If I can find a nice day hike not far from here, I will add that to the winter activities I enjoy.

So, let it snow! This girl is looking forward to fun in the snow and sun.

No comments: