Sunday, December 30, 2007

Finer Things

I vowed not to do it. I even vocalized it out loud, I am not watching that movie I said. The movie in question? Christmas Shoes. Yet, there I was, the only one still up watching that movie. And of course sobbing. Mostly, I was sobbing because that movie was real for many this year. Three sets of kids I know of have a mom that died before Christmas this year. One a little girl Miranda's age. I can't even imagine the grief that a child must go through. It seems bad enough to lose parents as adults. I shouldn't have watched it.....

Then, yesterday, as I was listening to satellite radio, and thank god for that because radio here is bad, really really bad, I heard a song I hadn't heard in ages. I heard Steve Winwood's "Finer Things" and this line caught my attention:
For time is a river rolling into nowhere
We must live while we can
And well drink our cup of laughter

So true. Time marches on, regardless of what happens, and we have little control really over what happens. Being OCD, I love control, but what control really do I have over things? So, listening to that sond I realized my quest to live each day to the fullest is a good one. We should all take that advice. Live while we can. Be good to our bodies, be healthy, and make the most of the life we have been given. Be thankful everyday. I know I am. Life is good.

No comments: