Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cleansing my Aura

Ahh, it feel so much better. I am finally getting the rest of my things unpacked and getting the house organized the way I want it. Brian put up a shelving unit in the office today and I organized and unpacked my books. It looks a thousand times better. The boxes sitting around my house have been really bugging me. I love clean, and I love organized even better. It's not right, I know, to look forward to cleaning and organizing on a beautiful Saturday, but that is the way I like it.
I don't know when exactly I became OCD. My bedroom in high school looked like The Limited blew up and the pieces fell everywhere. There were clothes everywhere. Organization did not exist. I didn't even know how good it felt to clean closets. Somewhere along the way in college my OCD kicked in. When Brian and I got our first apartment I went into Martha mode. When I had Miranda, it intensified 100 percent. I think it's because life is easier to handle when everything has a place, when spices are alphabetized, when clothes are put into their seasonal boxes and stored away, when things unused are given away, when the leather seats in the car have been cleaned and conditioned.
Ayways, I am feeling more like my old self again. I am off to organize my professional clothes by collections and colors. What an exciting Saturday night! WooHoo!!!!! Grabbing a Smirnoff Ice on my way upstairs. Party in my closet.

No comments: