Sunday, June 26, 2005

34

How did I ever think my 21st birthday couldn't be outdone? Granted, I had a pretty fun 21st birthday, it does not hold a candle to my 34. Being some 7 months pregnant, in the middle of packing, and sweltering in the heat, all I really wanted was to have dinner with my family. Brian took the girls to his mom's house, giving me the house to myself for about 5 full hours to start with. I did nothing more than clean, pack, and enjoy the quite. When they came back, they made dinner for me, helped me pack ( I know this sounds boring, but watching people other than me pack boxes was glorius), and had a cake and presents for me. I think the best part of my day, the part that makes it my best birthday yet was Miranda's card. It said " Mom, you are my best friend. I love you." Brian said she did it all on her own and didn't ask for help. How could I have wanted anything more? The perfect birthday.

It's funny how at 21, even 25 you think life doesn't get any better than this. The REAL truth is that life actually begins at 30 and just keeps getting better.

No comments: