Monday, May 30, 2005

Central New York

It's funny, when I moved to the Capital Region, I think I vowed not to move back there. This was hip, the housing market was awesome, job outlook good and progression was everywhere. I wanted to part part of a bigger city, a city girl. Now I want nothing more than to move back home and to be a country girl again.
In just four years time, how did my mind change so? I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones. Who the heck knew I would be pregnant at 34? I wanted to be DONE having babies at 34 and settled in my career. I guess life really is what happens when you are busy making other plans. Maybe this miracle baby, who against all odds came to me, came at this time in my life to point me in the right direction?
So 6 months pregnant, recently graduated, and under contract with the Holland Patent School District I am ready to head home. I don't care that it's not tech valley, or that the value of homes is about half of what it is here. What I care about, what really gets me, is that I have been given the opportunity to work with children everyday. I have foud this wonderful village that looks like something out of "It's a Wonderful Life." I have the opportunity to go home, have a baby I never thought I would have, and work in a career where I will finally feel like I make a difference. I must have hit the mother load of good Karma!

No comments: