Monday, May 30, 2005

Burger King

I had to drop papers off in New Hartford for our Real Estate Agent yesterday, and my hungry little girls voted to eat at Burger King. Not really my idea of good food, but I was hungry, and we were over an hour away from home.
As I pulled in, I had a moment. It jogged my memory back more than 16 years to a first date that I had that ended up there. I don't know what made me think of it, but I don't think I had been there since that occassion. It was an after movie snack stop, I have no idea what I ate, but I think it involved a Michael J. Fox movie????
It's nice to see that some things have remained the same after all these years. Packy's Pub still has Cans and Clams, Props Inn is still a bar ( my parents once had a date there....), and even Sangertown Mall looks pretty much the same ( and it never did sink). I told the girls I used to shop there. They looked amazed and thought it was cool. I just felt old.

No comments: